Monday, November 10, 2008

You Can Have Whatever (Man) You Like

Posted on Alphanista.com

By Guest Blogger Te-Erika Patterson

While watching a television biography about the union of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver, I was amazed to learn that the entire time Schwarzenegger was single he envisioned marrying someone from a political family, well connected or perhaps even royalty. He saw himself as an influential public figure with an amazingly successful woman by his side. Unknown to us and maybe even unknown to him, as he toiled away as a construction worker, he was pining after a vision for his life that he would one day enjoy.

How many Alpha women in the world have fantasized about meeting a wickedly successful and brilliant man only to share their fantasy with a friend who scoffs at them? You know what you want and it’s not a man you’ll meet on every street corner or at the club on First Fridays.

My greatest romantic fantasy involves a man who will partner with me to help many others achieve success. He has a diverse investment portfolio and is a man of integrity. His creativity blows minds, his communication skills are unmatched and his heart is like gold. He is just like me in so many ways, yet he complements my gifts and talents with talents that are unique to him. He is not a ‘company man.’ If he even chooses to work for a company, he is the boss. He is a public figure and we work together to use our influence to uplift and empower millions.

My friends often smile at me when I’m pouring my heart out about my desires. They pat my leg and shake their heads wondering if I’ll remain single for the rest of my life while still holding on to this dream. Sometimes I wonder too, but that still doesn’t deter me from believing in this awesome business/intimate partner.

I truly believe that the type of man you desire is a direct reflection of the lifestyle you will live. You see yourself smiling proudly as he accepts his awards and you giggle at the thought of him removing the zipper of your ballroom gown with his teeth after a glamorous evening at one of your philanthropic events.

Prepare for that union by becoming as successful as you can. Become the best woman you can be according to your own imagination and enjoy your single life as you build yourself into someone you and your family will be proud of. You want to be an asset to his life just as much as he will be to yours. Ignore everyone who says you want too much, or men like that don’t date women who come from the neighborhood you were raised in.

Your unquenchable desire is like a shining light beckoning you to prepare for your future. Stand tall, become the woman you see standing beside the man you desire. You ARE worthy and you will have it, if you do not break down and decide that you aren’t worthy of what your heart is telling you that you deserve.

No comments :